After completing my initial BSc in Criminology and Social Policy at Loughborough University and my Graduate Diploma in Law thereafter, I joined the Employment Team at Redkite at the end of 2015 as a Legal Advisor.
I gained experience working with a team of expert mentors, building up a wealth of professional experience in the HR and Employment Law field and am currently undertaking the Legal Practice Course at the University of West of England, Bristol, with a view to qualifying as a solicitor in future years.
My experience and academic grounding enable me to advise clients on a whole range of both contentious and non-contentious employment issues including but not limited to:
- Disciplinary and grievance proceedings;
- Unfair dismissal claims including discrimination;
- Employment Tribunal proceedings;
- Drafting of workplace policies and procedures;
- Reviewing policies and procedures ensuring they are up to date with legal developments; and
- supporting our expert solicitors on settlement agreements; TUPE; and redundancies
In addition to this I assist in delivering training to our clients through workshops and specialist employment seminars in areas such as:
- Dealing with long term sickness absence;
- Managing cancer in the workplace;
- Equality and Diversity;
- Changing contractual terms
- Managing poor performance.
I always apply a common sense approach to unwinding potential employment headaches, translating often complex advice in to simple and relatable information. I am often praised for being very approachable and practical in my response and through this I have developed long lasting working relationships with our clients.
In my spare time I enjoy keeping fit which has involved my partaking in the Cardiff half marathon and I am due to undertake the London Landmarks half marathon on March 2019 in aid of Breast Cancer Now. In addition to this I play hockey competitively and have recently started squash lessons. At the weekend I love walking the coastal path with my golden retriever, Maggie and spending time with my family and friends.